Vegetarian Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe- Step by Step Guide: These lasagna roll ups are a fun take on everyday lasagna. Traditional Italian lasagna is my favorite comfort food, but it can be a bit heavy. I tried to include all the tastes of lasagna, but with more nutrition and less trouble, because that’s how I am and how I like things.
Vegetarian Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe- Step by Step Guide
- Over the years, I’ve tried many different kinds of lasagna, such as my gluten-free eggplant lasagna and turkey lasagna soup. But this recipe for veggie lasagna roll up is by far my best.
- But if you have time, you can always make your own spaghetti sauce. I like to keep things simple and buy sauce from the store.
- After that, all you have to do is stack lasagna noodles, cheese, and zucchini strips, then roll them up like a sleeping bag. You just put them in your favorite baking dish and bake them, just like stuffed manicotti pasta.
- After only 40 minutes in the oven, the tops are golden brown and the three-cheese filling melts and tastes great. I can hardly wait for them to cool down before I cut into one.
- You can make these lasagna roll ups in less time and they’ll still taste great and fill you up, but they will also be a little lighter.
Also Read: Mango Smoothie Recipe- Learn with Experts
- 4 large zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lasagna noodles
- 20 ounces ricotta cheese (you can use part-skim or fat-free if you prefer)
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 2 cups part-skim shredded mozzarella, plus more for topping
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, leaves chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- Ground black pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 24 ounce jar tomato basil pasta sauce or easy homemade spaghetti sauce
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Basil leaves, for garnish
- Prepare yourself. Warm the oven up to 450°F. Hot salt water should be added to a big pot and brought to a boil. Put parchment paper on a big table or tray. This is what you’ll use to roll up the lasagna noodles.
- Just bake the zucchini. Put slices of zucchini on a very big baking sheet. They can touch, but they shouldn’t go over each other. It’s possible that you will need two cookie sheets. On both sides of the zucchini slices, brush them with olive oil and sprinkle them with a little salt. Put it in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it’s soft. Take it out of the oven and turn down the heat to 350°F. Put the zucchini somewhere to cool for a short time.
- Get the noodles ready. Put cold water in a big pot or bowl and set it aside while you roast the zucchini. When the water is boiling, add the noodles and cook them according to the directions on the box. (It took about 12 minutes.) To stop the cooking, drain the noodles and put them right into cold water. Pour the noodles out of the water and spread them out flat on the parchment paper.
- Fill the shells. Put the ricotta, goat cheese, mozzarella, parsley, and garlic in a bowl and mix them together. To taste, add salt, pepper, and (if you want) red pepper flakes. Put a little olive oil on top, but not more than 1 tablespoon. Blend the cheese mixture until it’s well mixed.
- Start adding layers. Cover each lasagna noodle with a thin layer of the cheese sauce. Put a slice of baked zucchini on top of the cheese, and then roll the noodles up tight, making sure the seam side is down.
- Prepare yourself. Put ½ cup of water and 2 ¼ cups of pasta sauce in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Put the rolls in. Slowly flip the rolls over so that the spiral side is facing up, then place them in the baking dish. Add the last ¾ cup of pasta sauce, the parmesan, and more chopped mozzarella on top.
- Bake. Put it in the oven on the middle rack and bake for two hours. Check to see if the bottom is still wet in the middle. Add up to ¼ cup of water if you need to.
- Do it. Now take it off the heat and let it cool for a while. Add some fresh basil leaves on top and serve.
- Calories: 661.2kcal
- Carbohydrates: 66.3g
- Protein: 38g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 16.8g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Sodium: 506.3mg
- Potassium: 673mg
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Sugar: 6.3g
- Vitamin A: 1207IU
- Vitamin C: 24.9mg
- Calcium: 611mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
If you like this Article about Vegetarian Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe- Step by Step Guide, please share this Article with your friends and family members.