Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe:-Lasagna without meat was the first big meal I learned how to make. When I cooked for a group in college, vegetable lasagna was always the main dish. Now that it’s grown up, I still like to make one when I have a lot of people over, often during the holidays. Veggie lasagna is warm and tasty, and it’s easy to make ahead of time. Also, who doesn’t love telling stories over red sauce and pasta?
Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe
Here is my favourite lasagna recipe for vegetarians. Veggies that have been roasted, creamy ricotta cheese, wavy noodles, and lots of marinara sauce make it tasty and filling. I believe you will enjoy it!
How to Make Lasagna with Vegetables
These are the first things I need for my vegetarian lasagna recipe:
Ingredients for a vegetarian lasagna
- Fresh veggies, Oh, of course, fresh vegetables! Red peppers that have been roasted, zucchini, onions, mushrooms and baby spinach are all in this vegetable lasagna. They make the food taste SO much better.
- Noodles for lasagna: No-boil noodles look easy, but trust me, regular noodles are better. They cook in less than 10 minutes and are just the right amount of soft in the lasagna.
- The sauce Marinara – You can use a 24-ounce jar of store-bought marinara sauce or make your own. I enjoy Rao’s.
- Ricotta cheese: This cheese adds a smooth, creamy layer between the vegetables, sauce, and noodles. I add garlic and lemon zest to it to make it taste bright and savoury.
- Shredded pecorino and mozzarella cheese – To put on top of the lasagna, shred the pecorino and mozzarella cheeses. Are you not a fan of porcini? You can also use Parmesan cheese.
- And fresh basil and/or parsley –For the top, fresh basil and/or parsley.
Also Read:-10 Most Satisfying Veggie Sandwiches
Do these three things to get ready before putting the lasagna together:
- Cook the vegetables. Add the zucchini, onions, mushrooms and peppers to a bowl. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper. Put them in the oven at 425°F until they get soft and caramelised.
- To make the noodles al dente, boil them. Sprinkle them with a little olive oil to keep them from sticking!
- Fill the pie with ricotta. Add the garlic, salt, and pepper to the ricotta cheese and mix them together.
You are now ready to layer!
How to Layer Vegetable Lasagna
Start with a 9×13-inch baking dish. Spread 1 cup of the tomato sauce on the bottom.
- Then, add a layer of noodles.
- Top the noodles with half the ricotta mixture.
- Layer half the spinach over the ricotta, and scatter half the roasted vegetables in an even layer.
- Dot the vegetables with 2/3 cup of the marinara sauce.
Repeat the layering process in the same order:
- Spinach + roasted veggies
- 2/3 cup marinara sauce
Top with a final layer of noodles, the remaining sauce, and the shredded cheese.
If you like this article about Vegetarian Lasagna Recipe Please share this article with your friends and family members.