Lemon Cheesecake Recipe – Easiest Recipe Ever: This is the only lemon cheesecake recipe you’ll ever need to find another one. Enjoy every sweet and sour taste of the creamiest, dreamiest cheesecake flavored with fresh lemon, tucked between a layer of homemade lemon curd and a buttery graham cracker top.
Lemon Cheesecake Recipe – Easiest Recipe Ever
Add lemon slices and clouds of fluffy whipped cream on top for a basic but eye-catching look. This is a lemon dessert that is all natural. This recipe is based on my well-known key lime cheesecake recipe. Reviewers have said they’d like even more key lime taste, so I thought about that and added a little more fresh zest to the batter.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 and 3/4 cups (210g) graham cracker crumbs (about 14 full-sheet graham crackers)
- 5 Tablespoons (71g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon packed lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 32 ounces (904g) full-fat brick cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120ml) fresh lemon juice (about 3–4 lemons), at room temperature
- 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream or plain yogurt, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup lemon curd (highly recommended)
- homemade whipped cream
- lemon slices and/or fresh berries
How to make it
- Set the oven rack to lower-middle and heat to 350°F (177°C). Making crust: Grind whole graham crackers into fine crumbs in a food processor or blender. Blend sugar in a medium basin.
- Add melted butter. Sandy mix. Push firmly into an ungreased 9-inch springform pan’s bottom and slightly up the sides. Use the flat bottom of a small measuring cup to level the mixture if needed. Pre-bake 10 minutes. Remove the hot pan from the oven and place it on big aluminum foil.
- Step 6 foils the water bath pan. Chill crust while making filling. Make lemon sugar Add sugar to blender. Add lemon zest. To mix and partially break down lemon zest, pulse 10-12 times.
- Continue filling: Mix the cream cheese and lemon sugar in a large bowl with a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment on medium-high speed for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Beat lemon juice, sour cream, and vanilla extract on medium-high speed until combined. Beat eggs one at a time on medium speed until barely blended. Add the last egg and stop mixing. Overmixing the batter may cause the cheesecake to deflate and break whencooled.
- Pour cheesecake batter into warm crust. Apply it evenly using a rubber spatula or spoon. Make the simple water bath (see Note for alternative): Making Cheesecake Water Bath illustrates this step. Use a kettle to heat water. The water bath requires 1 inch of roasting pan water, so boil enough.
- Use a whole kettle of hot water. Move the pan to a large roasting pan. Carefully add hot water to the pan and bake. (Or bake the roasting pan before adding the boiling water. Take the easy option.
- I recommend creating lemon curd on the stove as the cheesecake bakes to cool before topping in. Bake cheesecake for 55–70 minutes to almost solidify the middle. Using aluminum foil halfway through baking will prevent the cheesecake top from browning too quickly.
- A soft tap on the pan will slightly jiggle the cheesecake middle when done. After turning off the oven, slightly open the door. Let the cheesecake cool in the water bath oven for one hour. After oven and water bath, uncover cheesecake and cool at room temperature.
- Lemon curd on top: After cheesecake cools to room temperature, pour 3/4 cup (1/2 of the curd recipe) toward the edge without spilling. Spread with an offset spatula. Set the cheesecake in the fridge for 4 hours or overnight.
- After knife-loosening the cooled cheesecake, remove the springform pan rim. Want more? Adding whipped cream, lemon wedges, and berries. Making whipped cream with Wilton 1M piping tip.
- Cut slices for serving with a clean, sharp knife. Perfect slices require a clean knife and warm water between cutting. Cover cheesecake leftovers for 5 days.
If you like this Article about Lemon Cheesecake Recipe – Easiest Recipe Ever please share this Article with your friends and family members.