WESTERN SANDWICH WITH POP’S SECRET INGREDIENT:-A “Denver sandwich,” which is a Western sandwich, is made with ham, bell pepper, onion, and a simple omelette recipe. Toasty bread is used to serve it. You can add cheese to make it taste even better, but you don’t have to. This simple egg sandwich is great for a summer picnic, as a hearty breakfast, lunch, or dinner with a side dish.
Everyone in my family loves this Western sandwich that my dad makes. Pop is the best and my great-grandfather. I’ll ask Pop for one of his tasty egg sandwiches when I need some comfort food or know I’ll be seeing him (or him seeing me).
WESTERN SANDWICH WITH POP’S SECRET INGREDIENT
When my dad was young, he worked in Toronto and stayed with a friend’s family. At that time, he learned how to make this Western omelette. One day I’ll also show you all how to make real cabbage rolls. From them, Pop learned how to make them.
- Why is Pop’s Western omelette sandwich so great?
- He made it, so it’s one of a kind!
- He really does know some tricks that make this egg sandwich taste great.
The first secret of Pop:
- He wraps the sandwich in foil and then plastic wrap when it’s done.
- The bread gets really soft and steamy in the best way possible.
- I know this isn’t the correct way to toast a sandwich, but it works!!
The second secret of Pop:
- Oh, the garlic powder! Pop says, “Plus, not too much, just a pinch.”
- That’s the reason I love garlic so much! Pop likes them too, so it must be in the family.
I didn’t try to make Pop’s egg sandwich recipe just the way he used to. It’s simple but so good, and I know it’s not the same as his. Do you understand? I kept the garlic powder even though I changed some things.
Also Read:-The Best Cinnamon Toast Ever!
WHAT GOES IN A WESTERN OMELETTE?
The basic ingredients of a western omelette are:
- Bell pepper (traditionally green pepper, but I used red because that’s what I had on hand and I love the colour contrast)
- Salt and pepper.
Since I can’t get enough cheese, I added some to this too. Not traditional, and you don’t have to do it, but it tastes great.
If you like this article about WESTERN SANDWICH WITH POP’S SECRET INGREDIENT Please share this article with your friends and family members.