- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup diced bell peppers (any color)
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, or your choice)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray or muffin liners
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs and whisk them together. Add milk to the eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Add the diced bell peppers, tomatoes, chopped spinach, and red onion to the egg mixture. Stir in the shredded cheese. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Remember that the cheese can add saltiness, so be mindful of the overall salt content.
- Grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or line it with muffin liners to prevent sticking.
- Spoon the egg and vegetable mixture evenly into each muffin cup, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are set and the tops are golden brown. You can check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center; it should come out clean when they are done.
- Once cooked, remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes in the tin. Then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the Veggie Egg Muffins warm or at room temperature. They can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days.
Feel free to customize this recipe by adding other vegetables, herbs, or spices according to your preferences.
These Veggie Egg Muffins make a convenient and nutritious breakfast or snack option. Enjoy!