Oven Roasted Carrots With Sumac Recipe- Learn with Experts:Simple carrots cooked in the oven are elevated to a whole new level by this straightforward recipe. In order to counterbalance the sweetness of the carrots, a vibrant and acidic taste is added by using fresh lemon zest and sumac, which is a scarlet spice that is often used in the kitchens of Mediterranean countries. Using a high heat setting, the carrots are cooked until they are tender and have a little browning on the edges.
Oven Roasted Carrots With Sumac Recipe- Learn with Experts
- For a side meal, this oven-roasted carrot recipe has everything I need. It can be used in many ways, makes you feel good, and doesn’t ask for much in return!
- It doesn’t matter to me if the carrot is baked with turmeric and harissa or sumac and lemon zest. It’s just great in two ways. First, it needs to be caramelized well, and second, it’s very, very soft.
- Carrots baked in the oven need a layer of caramelized sugar to keep the soft center inside.
- That’s the key: both hard and soft at the same time. This inconsistency is easy to prove at home, which is good news. Your hot sheet pan will do most of the work for you.
- 2 pounds large carrots
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons sumac
- Zest of 1 lemon, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley, for garnish
- Prepare yourself. Set a rack in the middle of your oven and heat it up to 425°F.
- Get the carrots ready. Take the tips off, peel the potatoes, and then cut them diagonally into 2-inch pieces. This gives you more surface area to char. Put the fruit and vegetables in a large bowl. Add the garlic powder, olive oil, half of the sumac, and a lot of salt and pepper (about ½ to ¾ teaspoon each).
- Make the carrots softer. Place the carrots on a big sheet pan so that each slice touches the pan’s surface. Wrap the carrots tightly in foil and cook them on the middle rack with the foil on top for about 20 minutes, or until they are just barely soft.
- Make the carrots char. Carefully take the pan out of the oven, toss the carrots in it, and then put it back in. For about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the carrots are nicely browned, roast them without covering them.
- Finish up and serve. Remove the carrots from the heat and add the last teaspoon of sumac. Then, give the whole thing a good stir in the pan. Put the carrots on a plate to serve, and then add the lemon zest and fresh parsley on top.
- Calories: 125.2kcal
- Carbohydrates: 14.8g
- Protein: 1.5g
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.9g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 5.1g
- Sodium: 105.4mg
- Potassium: 494.3mg
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sugar: 7.2g
- Vitamin A: 25371.4IU
- Vitamin C: 10.7mg
- Calcium: 52mg
- Iron: 0.6mg