Lemon Olive Oil Cake Recipe – Easiest Recipe Ever: The lemon in this Lemon Olive Oil Cake is so fresh, and the lemon glaze on top is so tasty. Olive oil adds wetness and makes the texture great—light and fluffy. You’ll use this simple cake recipe over and over.
Lemon Olive Oil Cake Recipe – Easiest Recipe Ever
I don’t usually like lemon treats, but this cake recipe quickly became one of my all-time favorites. This cake tastes great, stays soft for days, and can be eaten at any time of the day.
- finely grated zest of 3 large lemons
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil, preferably mild flavored
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ⅔ cup all purpose flour, see note
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup whole or 2% milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
How to make Lemon Olive Oil Cake
- Set a rack in the middle of the oven and heat it up to 350°F. Put parchment paper around the bottom of a 9-inch round pan. Set the pan away after greasing it. Keep in mind that the cake pan needs to be at least 2 inches tall.
- Whisk sugar and lemon zest together in a big bowl. Mix the eggs, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla in with a whisk until everything is well mixed.
- Put the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a different bowl and mix them together. Mix half of the dry ingredients into the wet ones with a whisk until everything is just mixed.
- Add the milk and then the rest of the dry ingredients, being careful not to mix them too much.
Put the batter into the pan that has been made. Just hit the pan on the counter a few times to get rid of that extra air.
- Wait a minute or two more, and then tap the bowl on the counter again to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
- If you open the oven door during the baking time or move the cake before it’s set, it could sink in the middle. Take the pan of cake out of the oven and set it on a wire rack to cool fully.
You can cut the recipe in half to make a smaller layer of lemon glaze:
- Mix the items together with a whisk until they are smooth. You can change the thickness by adding more powdered sugar or more lemon juice.
- Take the cake out of the pan and add the sauce after it has cooled. I put it on top and spread it out across the top and down the sides. Before cutting and serving, let the glaze set up a bit.
- Calories: 295kcal
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 9g
- Trans Fat: 0.003g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Sodium: 159mg
- Potassium: 92mg
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugar: 27g
- Vitamin A: 62IU
- Vitamin C: 3mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- Iron: 1mg
If you like this Article about Lemon Olive Oil Cake Recipe – Easiest Recipe Ever please share this Article with your friends and family members.