Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe – Delicious Recipe Ever: This lemon blueberry bread is soft and moist, and the berries are bursting with juice. Add an easy glaze to the loaf to give it an extra lemony taste. One of my favorite ways to use the blueberries we pick in Michigan every summer is in this lemon blueberry bread recipe.
Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe – Delicious Recipe Ever
We eat most of these sweet, bursty berries by themselves because they are so good, but I always try to save some for this quick and easy bread. It’s soft, moist, and full of berries. Large amounts of lemon zest give it a bright taste.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ¾ cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for the pan
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Lemon glaze, optional, for serving
How to make it
- Prepare an 8×4 or 9×5-inch loaf pan by greasing it and preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Flour, baking powder, and salt should be mixed together in a bowl of medium size using a whisk.
- Both the cane sugar and the lemon zest should be placed in a big bowl. The zest should be worked into the sugar with your fingertips until it is completely incorporated.
- The release of the zest’s fragrant oils is facilitated by this. Mix the yogurt, olive oil, eggs, and vanilla extract together using a whisk after adding them.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet components, and whisk until the ingredients are almost completely combined. Blueberries should be folded in. The batter is going to be quite thick.
- Using a spatula, smooth the surface of the batter after it has been poured into the pan that has been prepared. For forty to fifty minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, bake the cake.
Q1. Can frozen blueberries be used?
Yes, you may use fresh or frozen blueberries in this recipe. If using frozen berries, add them directly to the batter without thawing them first and make sure to gently fold them in. You may need to increase the bake time by a few minutes.
Q2. Can lemon extract be added?
For a much stronger lemon flavor, you can add 1 teaspoon of lemon extract to the batter. Do NOT use lemon oil as that’s different from lemon extract.
Q3. Can I bake the batter in mini loaf pans?
Yes, you can bake the bread in mini loaf pans but you will need to reduce the baking time. My best guess is that it would probably take 20 to 35 minutes depending on the size of your pans.
If you like this Article about Lemon Blueberry Bread Recipe – Delicious Recipe Ever please share this Article with your friends and family members.