Homemade Cake Pops Recipe – Easiest Recipe Ever: Want to know how to make the best Cake Pops? These cake balls are so simple to make at home and are great for any party because they are small enough to eat all at once.
Homemade Cake Pops Recipe – Easiest Recipe Ever
With vanilla cake, frosting, and rainbow sprinkles, these sweet treats are made, but they can be made with any taste mix.With this simple recipe, you’ll never have to buy expensive cake pops again.
With my step-by-step pictures and tips, you’ll be able to make cake balls that look like they belong in a cafe in no time. These small treats are easy to decorate and would be fun to do with kids on the weekend. Check out my homemade funfetti cake for another treat that kids will love.
- 1 box vanilla cake mix (15.25-ounce)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup frosting
- 12 ounces candy melts or chocolate melting wafers
- 38 lollipop sticks
How to make Homemade Cake Pops
- Warm the oven up to 350F. Butter a cake pan that’s 13×9 inches. Whisk the cake mix, water, oil, and eggs together in a big bowl until everything is well mixed. Put it in the cake pan.
- Follow the directions on the package for baking. Cool down completely. Put wax or parchment paper on a small baking sheet or plate to line it.
Break up the cake and put it in a big bowl. Mix in the frosting with a wooden spoon or an electric mixer on low speed for about 30 seconds, or until the mixture looks like wet sand but isn’t smooth.
- Take a spoonful of the cake mix and roll it into a ball that is one inch across. Put on the plate that has been lined. Put it in the fridge for at least four hours or freeze it for thirty minutes.
Follow the directions on the package to melt the candy or chocolate wafers, then put them in a tall glass or 2-cup liquid measuring cup. While you work, take out a few cake balls and leave the rest in the fridge to stay cold.
- This will help the coating set faster. Put about half of a lollipop stick into a cake ball after dipping the end of the stick in the melted chocolate. Cover the base of the cake ball where the stick meets it with chocolate.
- Then turn it over to coat it all over. Take it out and tap the side of the cup gently to get rid of the extra layer. If you want, you can decorate with sprinkles.
- In a Styrofoam block or cardboard box, stand it up straight. Give it time to set before moving on. You can keep cake pops in the fridge for up to a week.
- Calories: 137kcal
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Sodium: 115mg
- Potassium: 15mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 14g
- Vitamin A: 19IU
- Calcium: 32mg
- Iron: 1mg
Q1. What Can I Use Instead Of Candy Melts?
Wafers (I like Ghirardelli Vanilla) or nice white or dark chocolate bars can replace candy melts. Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil to melted chocolate if it’s too thick.
Q2. Why Is The Candy Coating Cracking?
Large temperature fluctuations between cake balls cause shattered cake pop coatings. If the cake balls are too cold and the candy melt is too hot, the coating will fracture when they expand and shrink. Make sure the coating isn’t too hot when you dip the cake. Cool your coating for a few minutes before dipping.
Q3. Why Did My Cake Balls Fall Off Their Stick?
Lollipop sticks should be dipped in frosting before being placed in the ball. This keeps the sticks in the hardening balls. Not inserting the lollipop stick deep enough will also cause it to slide off. Finally, the lollipop sticks must be sturdy enough to support the cake balls. My favorite lollipop sticks are above.
Q4. How Do I Store These?
Undipped cake balls can be refrigerated for two days if made ahead. Store them in an airtight jar in the fridge for a week after dipping and decorating.
Q5. Are These Freezer-friendly?
Uncoated and coated cake balls can be frozen for 2 months. Eat them after 30 minutes of thawing at room temperature.
If you like this Article about Homemade Cake Pops Recipe – Easiest Recipe Ever please share this Article with your friends and family members.