FLOURLESS ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE: These simple almond butter cookies are made with just six basic ingredients. Add your favorite mix-ins like chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried fruit, or M&M’s! Almond butter chocolate chip cookies are simple, wholesome, satisfying, and made with only 5 ingredients! You won’t miss the butter and flour in these naturally gluten-free cookies.
FLOURLESS ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE
- 1 cup creamy no-stir almond butter (250 grams)
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar (100 grams) or brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (90 grams)
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add the almond butter, coconut sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and baking soda and mix together until well combined. Add the chocolate chips and continue mixing until fully combined.
Using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the cookie dough and drop onto the prepared baking sheets. Make sure to leave a little room between each ball of cookie dough as they will spread some while they’re baking.
Bake for 9 to 12 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are set. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet.
Storage instructions: Store cookies in an airtight container on the counter for up to one week.
- If you don’t have any almond butter, peanut butter or another nut butter will work just fine! I recommend using a no-stir nut butter for best results.
- You don’t have to chill the dough prior to baking it, but you’re welcome to do so if you want to prepare the dough in advance to bake off later.
- Make sure to let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheets before removing them. Since these cookies don’t have any flour in them, they will be fragile while they’re still warm.