Chocolate Pecan Pie – Learn like a Pro: This Chocolate Pecan Pie combines pecan pie, chocolate fudge, molten brownies, and hot fudge chocolate pudding. Our recipe is irresistible with optional bourbon. There’s a delicious chocolate molten filling under a chewy shell that could be a crackly brownie.
Chocolate Pecan Pie – Learn like a Pro
This Chocolate Pecan Pie has the ideal crunch and natural pecan flavor from the roasted nuts. Bittersweet chocolate lends richness and depth to pecan pie, while bourbon makes it feel like a fine dining experience. The most flavorful pecan pie ever. Thanksgiving night will be better with this pie.
- 2 cups pecans
- 6 ounces 70% chocolate roughly chopped into pieces (or semisweet chocolate)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Hershey’s)
- 3/4 cup golden syrup maple syrup, rice syrup or light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons bourbon optional
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs whisked
- 9 inch pie crust or pie shell
how do you make chocolate pecan pie?
- Warm up the oven 350°F (175°C) and the oven rack should be at the very bottom. Get the pie crust ready. Before putting in the filling, prick the bottom of the uncooked pie crust a few times with a fork to get rid of any air bubbles.
- Put nuts on a baking sheet and heat the oven to high. Toast them for 10 minutes. Cut half of the toasted peanuts into small pieces. You can use the other half to decorate the pie’s top.
- Bring water in a small pot to a boil over medium-high heat. Fill the pot up almost all the way to the top.
- Turn down the heat and put a bowl that can handle heat on top of the pot. Pour the chocolate into the bowl and stir it all the time until it melts. Mix the chocolate and butter together well by stirring it in until the butter melts.
- Add the chocolate powder and mix it in until it’s all dissolved. Take the bowl away from the heat. Add sugar, flour, bourbon, vanilla, and salt, and mix them in with a whisk. Add the eggs and mix them in well with the whisk. Add the chopped nuts and mix them in.
- Pour into the pie shell that has been prepped, and then sprinkle the rest of the pecans on top. Put it in the oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until the middle is just set when you touch it but still has some give to it.
- If your pie is turning brown too quickly, cover it with foil in a loose way.When the pie first comes out of the oven, it will be puffed up. But as it cools, it will lose its puffiness and become flat. For about 4 hours, let it cool on a wire rack. Serve warm, or put it in the fridge overnight to get cold.
- Calories: 906kcal
- Carbohydrates: 104g
- Protein: 13g | Fat: 65g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 786mg
- Potassium: 344mg
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 36g
- Vitamin A: 330IU
- Vitamin C: 0.2mg
- Calcium: 72mg
- Iron: 5.7mg
If you like this Article about Chocolate Pecan Pie – Learn like a Pro please share this Article with your friends and family members.