- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Melt Butter: Place 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter in a microwave-safe mug. Microwave it for about 20 seconds or until the butter is completely melted.
- Add Sugars: Add 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon of packed brown sugar to the melted butter. Stir well until the sugars are well combined with the butter.
- Add Vanilla and Salt: Stir in 1/8 teaspoon of vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Mix until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add Egg Yolk: Add 1 egg yolk to the mixture and stir until smooth. Make sure to discard the egg white or save it for another recipe.
- Add Flour: Add 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour to the mug. Stir until the flour is fully incorporated, and no lumps remain.
- Add Chocolate Chips: Gently fold in 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips into the cookie dough mixture. Save a few chips to sprinkle on top if desired.
- Microwave: Microwave the mug on high for about 40-60 seconds, or until the cookie has risen and set in the middle. Cooking times may vary based on the wattage of your microwave, so keep an eye on it.
- Cool and Enjoy: Allow the cookie to cool for a minute or two before indulging. You can eat it directly from the mug or transfer it to a plate. Optionally, top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of chocolate syrup for extra decadence.
Enjoy your quick and easy chocolate chip cookie in a mug!