Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe – Easiest Recipe Ever: The middles of these chewy peanut butter cookies are just right, and the sides are just a little crunchy. This easy recipe only needs 9 simple items and only takes 20 minutes.
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe – Easiest Recipe Ever
But don’t forget to chill it first! What’s the deal, though? Most standard peanut butter cookies I’ve tried are dry and crumbly, and I like my cookies gooey and soft. These dairy-free peanut butter cookies taste just like the old-fashioned ones, but they have the crunchy texture of chocolate chip cookies.
- ½ cup butter (vegan or regular, softened)
- ½ cup creamy/smooth peanut butter (SEE NOTES)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
How to make it
- This recipe has recently been changed to make it better! See the “Notes” part below for the old recipe. Warm the oven up to 350°F and put parchment paper on two baking sheets.
- Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl with a whisk. Set the bowl aside. Mix peanut butter and butter together until they are smooth. You can use a hand mixer or a standing mixer with the paddle tool.
- Combine the brown and white sugars and beat them until they are light and fluffy. Next, add the egg and vanilla extract and mix them in well. Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix them in until they are just mixed in. It’s important not to mix the dough too much!
- Make 1.5-tsp-sized balls of dough with your hands or a cookie scoop. Bake one tray at a time for 8 to 13 minutes. When cookies are done, the sides should be set but not golden brown. If the edges are brown, the cookies are already too done!
- If the cookies look too thick when you take them out of the oven, hit the pan on the edge of the counter a few times with force. For 10 minutes, let the cookies cool on the baking sheet. Then, move them to a cooling rack to cool all the way.
- Calories: 167kcal
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Protein: 4g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Sodium: 188mg
- Potassium: 71mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 9g
- Vitamin A: 253IU
- Calcium: 9mg
- Iron: 1mg
Q1. What kind of peanut butter is best for peanut butter cookies?
For this recipe, you’ll need smooth peanut butter, like Kraft or Skippy. If you like peanut butter with a little crunch, you can use crunchy.
Natural peanut butter, which doesn’t have any extra sugar, will make the cookies less sweet and more likely to spread out. If you use raw peanut butter, the cookies will have a different shape and feel.
Q2. Why are my cookies dry and crumbly?
It looks like you used way too much flour in this case. It’s very important to measure the flour correctly in this recipe, since adding just one tablespoon more can change the way the cookies are made. You may have also cooked them too long!
Q3. Can I add chocolate chips to these cookies?
Yes! You’re even encouraged to do it! Before baking, I often mix in dark chocolate chunks or semisweet chocolate chips. Everything is better with chocolate. Most of the time, half a cup is enough!
If you like this Article about Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe – Easiest Recipe Ever please share this Article with your friends and family members.